5 Best Cameras under $1000
When I went to purchase my first camera I was confused and did not know which one to pick up. There were so many available in the market. So, I boiled it down to 2 things I wanted in the camera-
- Minimum cost
- Maximum Features
So, if you are a first time buyer and want to start photography, we’ve listed down our top 5 best DSLR cameras picks that are loaded with features and are not too heavy on the pocket.
Please note that prices of best DSLR cameras quoted here, may vary depending on offers or discounts offered by seller.
Designed for photography enthusiasts, this camera is similar to its predecessor Nikon D5200. It has all the same features with few advantages over the D5200. The D5300 has a built in Wi-Fi for instantly sharing those wonderful photos that you have taken, no optical low pass filter (OLPF), 1080/60p HD video recording. It is robust, yet easy to carry outdoors. The camera also provides in camera effects to enhance the images.
- 24 Megapixel, 5 frames per second
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- Built in Wi-Fi and built in GPS
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Standard ISO 100-12,800, expandable up to 25,600.
- 5fps continuous shooting
- 39-point high density autofocus system
- RGB metering sensor
- 04M dot 3.2″ vari-angle LCD monitor
- 1080 video recording with an ability to record up to 60 frames per second
- Built-in stereo mic for capturing that great sound quality while recording videos
To sum it up, if you are looking for a fully loaded camera at an affordable price, this one makes it on the top of the list.
If you live outside the USA, this piece is called Canon EOS 750D. The Canon T6i is pretty similar to the T5i (700D). It is light in weight and has a small body. It has a touch screen display which is fantastic to use allowing the users ease in changing camera settings. But, make sure you clean the display regularly or you may end up having a foggy one with fingerprint impressions all over it. You can use lenses with EF and EF-S mount…so you have a variety of lenses that you can use with this piece. It’s one of the Best DSLR Cameras out there.
- 24 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- Optical Viewfinder
- Hybrid CMOS AF III
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication
- Remote Shooting & Wireless Printing
- EOS Full HD Video recording
- Vari-angle Touch Screen ClearView II LCD Monitor
- High-speed continuous shooting – up to 5 frames per second
- 19-point all cross-type AF system
This camera is a bit different in looks than its competitors…looks like a miniature DSLR and includes all the control points one could expect. The camera provides you options like an electronic viewfinder, shutter release button, shooting mode dials and dials to control aperture and shutter speed. It performs great in low light conditions with minimum noise. You also have an option of adding effects to your images by using available filters. It also provides a dial to switch between Auto Focus single, continuous and manual mode. It offers cutting-edge video, audio, creative controls, wireless, intelligent-focusing, and exposure technologies. The camera is quite thin and light in weight. The only negative we found was the plastic feel that the camera has. However, it is a sturdy piece and fits great in your hand due to its miniature size.
- 16 Megapixel Micro Four Third Sensors
- 4K (UHD) video at up to 100Mbps, 30p/25p + 24p
- 4K Photo mode with ‘Pre-Burst’ mode
- Fully-articulated touch screen
- Wi-Fi for remote shooting and image transfer
In all, this camera is unlike the traditional DSLRs and is well within budget.
This camera provides outstanding image quality and is easy to operate. The camera introduces a Pixel Shift resolution which delivers more truthful colour reproduction. It provides finer details in the image with significantly reduced noise. Due to its high precision Gyro Sensor the shake reduction system provides camera shake compensation up to 4.5 EV steps. This is also a great piece of technology if you are interested in Astrophotography as it eliminates the need for extra accessories to capture those perfect celestial bodies. The camera has a dustproof, weather resistant alloy body which makes it a perfect partner for outdoor shoots.
- 24 Megapixel AA filter-less APS-C CMOS Sensor
- PRIME III Image Processor
- Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
- 2″ 1.03m-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- SAFOX 11 27-Point AF, 25 Cross Sensors
- ISO 100-51200, 8.3 fps for continuous shooting
- 86k-Pixel RGB Exposure Metering
- Built-In GPS, Compass, and AstroTracer
- Shake Reduction & Pixel Shift Resolution
This one is definitely worth the investment with maximum features in its package.
This one also falls into the miniature looking category. It has all the things you would look for in a camera. It is light weight, sleek in size and has a great grip. Sony claims that this camera has the fastest auto continuous focus along with face tracking. It has a full frame sensor. You can use the OSS lens with this camera for optical image stabilization. This camera gives great video quality when it comes to shooting videos. It has a magnesium alloy body which makes it a sturdy piece, is weather resistant and due to its small size and less weight, ideal to carry anywhere. It has interchangeable lens option and can be used with an adapter as well for acquiring great shots.
- 24 Megapixel APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- XGA View-Finder 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 0″ 921.6k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Internal UHD 4K30 & 1080p120 Recording
- S-Log3 Gamma and Display Assist Function
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- 4D FOCUS with 425 Phase-Detect Points
- Up to 11 fps Shooting and ISO 51200
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
- Movie Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 / 30p, 1920 x 1080 / 120p, 60p
A brand like Sony, great features with a fast autofocus system and expandable ISO, this one may intrigue you to go buy it out from the stores just to get those great photo and video quality.
The prices we quoted above are of brand new best DSLR cameras. If you really have that budget constraint, you can go for a refurbished/used one for a lesser cost. Make sure you pick a good one and don’t end up incurring more cost on the same.
That’s all on our list of top 5 Best DSLR Cameras below $1000. We hope this article has helped you decide on which one to buy according to your photographic needs and has brought you one step closer to starting your photographic journey.