Awaken the photographer in you !!
Find all your answers in this 2 day comprehensive knowledge sharing basic DSLR photography workshop.
This workshop is for beginners who have just bought a new camera or those who are about to buy their first camera. If you feel you have been using your camera on the green colored auto mode for quiet some time now, its time to move forward. For those who believe they know a few basics but are hungry for more. This course is for you.
Day 1 : 9.30 am to 4 pm ( includes lunch )
Know your camera :
1. Understand all the switches/buttons/features of your camera.
2. Learn how to modify various functions.
3. Understand how to navigate through the menu.
4. Understand your lens.
5. Meaning of RAW & jpg image format: How to get highest quality out of your camera.
6. High speed shooting mode, self timer etc
Types of cameras :
1. Aim & shoot
2. Bridge cameras
3. DSLR cameras
How does a camera take photos ?
Whether its a simple mobile camera, a small aim & shoot shoot camera or a big high end fancy DSLR, there are some fundamental processes by which your camera takes a photo. Once you understand the basics of this process, learning other concepts or advanced techniques is just an extension of these fundamentals.
Understanding light :
1. Various lighting situations
2. Quality of light in photography
3. Direction of light for taking better photos
Shutter Speed, Aperture & ISO :
1. The exposure triangle
2. Shooting in Manual mode: We start shooting in Manual mode
3. Automatic exposure modes on your camera: P, S, A or P, Tv, Av for some cameras
4. How to get correct exposure in various modes
White balance & color of light :
1. Meaning of white balance
2. How to choose a correct white balance
DAY 2 : 2 pm to 6 pm
1. Metering modes
2. How to get blurred backgrounds behind your subject
3. How to shoot landscapes
4. Focusing modes
5. Features to look for while buying a new camera & lens.
6. Accessories like filters, tripods, camera bags etc
7. Taking care of your camera. How to clean your camera
8. Rules of composition: How to choose the right angle to get impressive photos.
Dates : 19 - 20 August 2017
Software Engineer by profession. Mostly loves to click Landscapes, People, and Star-Trails. Loves to capture the mighty Sahyadri. Photography is meditation to me. I tend to forget everything when I have a camera in my hands. - Vishwesh Behere