19 August I Thane
About the Course
Location : Thane Kala Bhavan, Thane
Date : 19 August 2018
Time : 11.00 am to 06.00 pm
Fees : 2000 Rs/- per head inclusive of GST (Lunch & High Tea Included)
Session Includes :
1. Basic Concept photography : Camera Obscura
2. History of Photography
3. Introduction to Digital Photography
4. Features to look for while buying a new camera & lens.
5. Accessories like filters, tripods, camera bags etc
6. How does a camera take photos ? Whether its a simple mobile camera, a small aim & shoot shoot camera or a big high end fancy DSLR, there are some fundamental processes by which your camera takes a photo. Once you understand the basics of this process, learning other concepts or advanced techniques is just an extension of these fundamentals.
7. Know your camera :
-> Understand all the switches/buttons/features of your camera.
-> Learn how to modify various functions.
-> Understand how to navigate through the menu.
-> Understand your lens.
-> Meaning of RAW & jpg image format: How to get highest quality out of your camera.
-> High speed shooting mode, self timer etc
8. Camera Sensor Format and the difference.
9. Shutter Speed, Aperture & ISO
-> The exposure triangle
-> Shooting in Manual mode: We start shooting in Manual mode
10. PASM Modes
-> Automatic exposure modes on your camera: P, S, A or P, Tv, Av for some cameras
-> How to get correct exposure in various modes
11. Image Composition Techniques
-> Rule of Thirds
-> Golden Ratio
-> Leading Lines
-> Consider Your Background
-> Fill the Frame
-> Contrast between subject and background
-> What is Focus ?
-> Auto Focus
-> Manual Focus
-> Depth of Field
-> Hyperfocal Point
-> Infinity Focus
13. White balance & color of light
-> Meaning of white balance
-> How to choose a correct white balance
14. Exposure Compensation
-> How to use the exposure compensation dial on your camera.
-> Advantages of using this techniques.
-> Guide to metering modes
-> Metering Modes : Spot Metering, Partial Metering, Centre Weighted Metering, Matrix Metering
-> How to shoot perfect exposure images using bracketing technique.
-> How to use bracketing on your camera
18. All about Lenses
-> Prime and Zoom Lenses.
-> Focal Length
19. RAW vs JPEG
20. Question & Answers session
Tejas is an avid traveler and passionate photographer who is on the lookout for unique experiences and festivals. He has a liking for human nature and its relation with the surrounding. So his photos essentially have a human element in them. He likes to tell stories through picture. Photography for him is a mean of expressing an emotion just like a poetry. This passion has taken him to unusual places and given off-beat experience which he eagerly shares on many occasions.