Awaken the photographer in you !!
Find all your answers in this 3 weekend comprehensive knowledge sharing fundamentals of DSLR photography workshop. This workshop is for beginners who have just bought a new camera or those who are about to buy their first camera. If you feel you have been using your camera on the green colored auto mode for quite some time now, it's time to move forward. For those who believe they know a few basics but are hungry for more. This course is for you.
About the Course
Total 3 weekends duration. ie : 6 Days x 4 Hours = 24 Hours
Dates : 3 weekends (4-5 11-12 18-19 November 2017)
Fees : 6000 Rs/- per head
Day 1 : 2 pm to 6 pm
1. Basic Concept photography : Camera Obscura
2. History of Photography
3. Introduction to Digital Photography
4. Features to look for while buying a new camera & lens.
5. Accessories like filters, tripods, camera bags etc
6. Taking care of your camera. How to clean your camera
7. How does a camera take photos ? Whether its a simple mobile camera, a small aim & shoot shoot camera or a big high end fancy DSLR, there are some fundamental processes by which your camera takes a photo. Once you understand the basics of this process, learning other concepts or advanced techniques is just an extension of these fundamentals.
8. Know your camera :
-> Understand all the switches/buttons/features of your camera.
-> Learn how to modify various functions.
-> Understand how to navigate through the menu.
-> Understand your lens.
-> Meaning of RAW & jpg image format: How to get highest quality out of your camera.
-> High speed shooting mode, self timer etc
Day 2 : 2 pm to 6 pm
1. Understanding light
-> Various lighting situations
-> Quality of light in photography
-> Direction of light for taking better photos
2. Shutter Speed, Aperture & ISO
-> The exposure triangle
-> Shooting in Manual mode: We start shooting in Manual mode
3. PASM Modes
-> Automatic exposure modes on your camera: P, S, A or P, Tv, Av for some cameras
-> How to get correct exposure in various modes
4. Image Composition Techniques
-> Rule of Thirds
-> Golden Ratio
-> Leading Lines
-> Consider Your Background
-> Fill the Frame
-> Contrast between subject and background
Day 3 : 2 pm to 6 pm
-> What is Focus ?
-> Auto Focus
-> Manual Focus
-> Depth of Field
-> Hyperfocal Point
-> Infinity Focus
2. White balance & color of light
-> Meaning of white balance
-> How to choose a correct white balance
3. Exposure Compensation
-> How to use the exposure compensation dial on your camera.
-> Advantages of using this techniques.
-> Guide to metering modes
-> Metering Modes : Spot Metering, Partial Metering, Centre Weighted Metering, Matrix Metering
Day 4 : 2 pm to 6 pm
-> How to shoot perfect exposure images using bracketing technique.
-> How to use bracketing on your camera
2. All about Lenses
-> Prime and Zoom Lenses.
-> Focal Length
3. All about Flashes
-> What is a hot shoe ?
-> The Flash : Inbuilt vs Flash Gun
-> On Camera vs Off Camera Flash
-> Bouncing the flash
-> Sync Speed
-> TTL vs Manual Flash
-> Balancing Flash + ambient light
-> First Curtain / Rear curtain sync
-> Gelling your flash
-> Flash Diffusers
-> Choosing a flash unit
4. RAW vs JPEG
Day 5 : 7 am to 9 am (Outdoor Session)
Day 6 : 2 pm to 6 pm
1. Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Introduction
2. How to edit your images using Lightroom
3. Data Backup
4. Guest Mentor Session
5. Question & Answers session
Software Engineer by profession. Mostly loves to click Landscapes, People, and Star-Trails. Loves to capture the mighty Sahyadri. Photography is meditation to me. I tend to forget everything when I have a camera in my hands. - Vishwesh Behere